Thursday, January 17, 2008

A constant waiting

Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly waiting. Right now I'm waiting to go to school. After that I will be waiting for dinner. After that I'll be waiting for bed. Is it normal to feel like I'm constantly waiting? Well I don't really care if it's normal, I just don't think I like it. I haven't thought about it enough to really decide if I like it or not, but it seems to me at first glance one shouldn't be waiting for the next thing, but be living in the present. Can't I enjoy just sitting here and not get anxious over getting on with the next phase of my day? I guess I do that sometimes, but no lately. I need to relax and breath....

2 comments:

katrina said...

Jon, Thanks for that thought. Because that is how I have been feeling. I feel like I am waiting to know where we are going this summer and waiting to get done with school and then forget to enjoy what is going on and in those rare moments that I am in the moment are really what is so enjoyable.

Yeshua said...

There are two attributes that mark a Buddha: (a)he or she sees reality for what it is and (b) he or she does what needs to be done. A person who can see that all things are constantly changing and responds in kind is one who can stop the waiting for school, or waiting for dinner. What you become is a person of the moment, simply brushing your teeth.