Sunday, January 13, 2008

My blogspot start

So this is mainly for Katrina, but all my previous blogs have been on myspace and for a wider audience to publish to I've decided to open it to all. There are only a couple rules. Everyone has to be honest and there is no hateful speech. I know everyone has a 1st Amendment right to say as they please, but I'm under the assumption this is intellectually private property, therefore I can set restrictions on what people say!
This isn't my first use of blogspot. I have posted many comments and posts on a private blog for a course in school once. It was all about the Chinese Government and Chinese politics. I don't remember everything I wrote though, I was a little more conservative then, but I wasn't one to "be afraid" of the up and coming Chinese. I know there is still a lot of doom (I can't believe how long it took me to figure out how to spell that word!) and gloom about the Chinese taking on the US as the next superpower of the world. Maybe they will and maybe they won't, but does it really matter. If something happens and war breaks out, the US has always had a way of eventually winning wars and staying somewhat wealthy. We are the most resourceful when under pressure of being defeated and losing our precious "unalienable" rights given us by Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence and by their word "God." Now if we really have those and believe others do is a discussion for another day. This is the end of my lecture for today.

2 comments:

katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katrina said...

Jon I am glad that you took my advice and started a blog. We will have fun reading them. Won't we? (haha). Our blogs are definately different though. I have to tell you I probably won't talk politics.